- Internet Information Services 7.o (IIS7)
- Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005
- Unable to render ReportViewer on ASP.NET Web pages while running on IIS7.
- You have no problem viewing your reports when running on debug mode with your Visual Studio 2005.
- You are able to view your reports on Report Manager but not able to view them on IIS7.
- When the ReportViewer control is added to Web Form (.aspx), the
Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd httpHandler is added to System.Web section of the Web.Config file. In IIS7, it should be added under System.Webserver section.
- IIS7 Handler Mappings does not contain Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd httpHandler, and therefore unable to render the ReportViewer elements needed by the JavaSript.
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and select your Web application.
- Under IIS area, double-click on Handler Mappings icon.
- At the Action pane on your right, click on Add Managed Handler.
- At the Add Managed Handler dialog, enter the following:
Request path: Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
- Click OK.
Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd handler is now added to your Handler Mappings list. Notice that the following line has also been added to your Web.config file under the system.webserver's handler section:
<add name="Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd"
verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler" resourceType="Unspecified"
Run your report again.